The beautiful and warm days are special to start enjoying the most delicious ice cream and soft drinks, which make us think so much about summer and holidays. In the following article, we will tell you how to prepare a special watermelon sorbet to drink for a snack, mid-morning, when you go on a picnic to the park or wherever you can think of.
Watermelon Sorbet First Recipe
Watermelon sorbet is a drink of Spanish origin that is made very quickly and contains very few calories. So if you are taking care of yourself to go to the beach, do not hesitate to enjoy it. The recipe takes about an hour to prepare, and the ingredients serve four people.
- The pulp of a small watermelon.
- 100 grams of sugar (can be brown or organic sugar).
- 125 cm3 of mineral water.
- 1 egg white.
- In a saucepan, place the sugar and water.
- Let it boil for a few minutes to get a syrup.
- Remove all the pulp from the watermelon and remove the seeds.
- Blend the pulp with the mixer so that it becomes a homogeneous paste.
- Mount the clear to snow point.
- Mix the watermelon with the syrup and the white.
- To make it slush, place some ice cubes and continue stirring with the blender. Another alternative is to put it in the refrigerator for three hours.
Alternative after-dinner watermelon sorbet recipe
This cold dessert is ideal for hot days, because it is prepared in a jiffy and does not require too many steps or ingredients. You can enjoy it as a dessert or to accompany a light salad meal, for example.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 700 grams of watermelon.
- 250 grams of strawberry ice cream.
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Sugar (necessary amount).
- Salt (required amount).
- Mint leaves to decorate.
To make the watermelon sorbet recipe you have to:
- Peel the watermelon, remove the seeds, chop the pulp and blend in a blender or mixer; the food disposer can also be used.
- Add the olive oil, a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt and continue stirring a little more.
- Add the strawberry ice cream and beat again.
- Pour into a wide container and place in the freezer to solidify, approximately three hours.
- So that it doesn’t look like a block of ice, every hour take it out of the refrigerator and stir a little.
- To serve, cut into portions as you prefer. Don’t forget the mint leaves to decorate.
Recipe for making a watermelon sorbet cocktail
Some people take advantage of this recipe for a birthday or dinner bar. You can do the same by adding a little tequila or vodka to the final preparation, for example. If you want it to be a recipe for the whole family, follow the original list of ingredients, indicated for 4 servings.
- 1/2 kilo of watermelon pulp without seeds.
- 125 ml of water.
- 60 grams of sugar.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- In a saucepan, add the sugar and water and heat over low heat while stirring, until it boils.
- When it reaches the boiling point, leave for two more minutes and transfer to a cold container, so that the temperature changes instantly.
- Crush the watermelon pulp and add the lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well so that a homogeneous cream remains.
- Pour the syrup when it is at room temperature and continue mixing a little more.
- Transfer to a container suitable for the refrigerator and chill for three hours, stirring occasionally so that it does not freeze.
- You can serve in a cup or a wide container and consume with a spoon or fork.
- If you crush it a little more and add alcohol, don’t forget to add more ice. In this way, you will have a delicious drink of watermelon, which some call daikiri.
With these three preparations, you can enjoy all the properties of this exquisite fruit, characteristic of the summer months. Whether as a smoothie, dessert or drink for special occasions, the watermelon sorbet is a recipe that cannot be missing in your repertoire.