If a 40-minute session seems too much, you can divide it up and do 4 sessions of 10 minutes throughout the day to make the exercise more bearable.
Exercising regularly is a good habit that not only adds a lot to overall health and well-being because it helps prevent disease, but also because it helps maintain good physical condition, control weight, and much more. Therefore, we want to recommend a workout that can help you burn approximately 600 calories from the comfort of your home.
Keep in mind that to appreciate the results of this training routine, you will not only need to be constant and disciplined when carrying it out, but you will also have to adopt and maintain other good lifestyle habits over time, such as a good nutrition and hydration, for example.
Get moving to burn 600 calories or more!
There are multiple studies that show that the practice of physical exercise on a regular basis has important health benefits, therefore, experts do not stop recommending it. These include, for example, weight loss, prevention of cardiovascular diseases, improvement of mood and sleep rhythm or increase of energy.
With the exercise routines that we propose, you can burn 600 calories or more and tone your body without having to leave home or invest money.
To make the most of the benefits of these sessions, it is recommended that you do a 40-minute session, 3 times a week, preferably in the morning. Before starting, you can set the scene with music, so that it energizes you and inspires you to follow each of the exercises.
Remember that you should always warm up the muscles beforehand, with gentle movements of the joints, neck, shoulder, waist, hips, knee and ankles. According to Professor Jorge Humberto Arrieta, stretching exercises are basic and fundamental to achieve better physical performance, as well as to maintain a healthy life in all our activities.
Cardiovascular exercises, an excellent option to burn 600 calories from home
According to a study published in the Colombian Journal of Cardiology in 2017, aerobic physical exercise has a beneficial effect on the stiffness of blood vessels in the healthy population. This shows the benefits of cardiovascular exercises on the cardiovascular system.
Likewise, a study published in the Medical Journal of Chile in 2013 ensures that a single one-hour session of aerobic exercise is associated with a decrease in blood pressure, both in adults and in children or adolescents. Therefore, it is also associated, consequently, with a protection of cardiovascular health.
In conclusion, cardiovascular exercises are key to staying in shape, enjoying good health and losing weight easily:
- Start with a brisk jog or a brisk walk around the room for 5 minutes.
- Afterward, go up and down stairs or have a good dance session.
- You can also choose to bike, go for a run or swim.
Push-ups also help you burn 600 calories:
- Lie on your stomach with your hands and feet flat on the floor.
- Bend your arms to gently lower your body without touching the ground and return to the starting position.
You can do this exercise with your legs fully stretched or with your knees bent. To achieve a good result, it is recommended to perform at least 80 push-ups.
Squats are one of the most effective 600 calorie burning exercises out there. To carry them out, we recommend:
- To start, stand up and place your hands behind your ears or behind your neck.
- Subsequently, lower your body as if you were going to sit in such a way that you can create a 45º angle.
- Try to keep your back straight and do 60 to 80 repetitions. Postural hygiene is key in any physical activity.
Lunges help work your legs and glutes to tone and strengthen them. They can be done with or without weights:
- First, stand with your feet almost shoulder-width apart. If you want to use weights, hold them with your palms toward the outside of your thighs.
- Then take a long step forward with your right leg while your left leg remains in the starting position.
- Bend both knees so that your right thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Finally, return to the starting position and perform the lunges with the left leg until completing 3 sets of 12-15 repetitions on each leg.
Additional tips to burn 600 calories
- Remember to drink enough water throughout the day, depending on your thirst.
- If you want to get in shape, it is important that you eat a diet that suits your goals. Consult with a nutritionist what may be the best plan for you.
- Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables, since these, in addition to helping you lose weight, will also give you the necessary energy to carry out all your activities.
- Once you finish the routine, remember to stretch your arms, legs and waist in order to prevent future muscle ailments.
- If you don’t want to do the routine for 40 minutes in a row, you can do, for example, 4 sessions a day of 10 minutes each.
Exercise regularly to stay healthy and fit
Exercising daily will help you burn approximately 600 calories and maintain a healthy weight, but it will also help you feel energetic and in a good mood, among many other benefits, so go ahead and get moving!
With these exercises that we have discussed, it will be easier for you to start a routine.
Finally, we recommend that you maintain a balanced diet in order to fully enjoy all the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. You can be guided by the Harvard dish or the Mediterranean diet.