Going for a run every day as a way of exercising may not be pleasant for everyone, however running at least twice a week is very important and beneficial for your health.
This is one of the physical exercises that brings the most benefits to the body, since it manages to activate the vast majority of organs and helps keep them healthy and strong.
In this opportunity we are going to know some good reasons to encourage us to do this practice at least twice a week and thus maintain good health in general.
Reasons why you should run twice a week
Prevents bone and heart problems
Through some research it has been discovered that taking the healthy habit of running moderately at least two or three times a week can help prolong life, since:
- Prevents loss of bone mass.
- Helps control blood pressure.
- Highly reduces the risk of heart disease.
- The heart is strengthened and circulation improves.
- It can also lower blood pressure and lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
Also read: Do you like to run? We explain the benefits of this sport
Helps maintain ideal weight
When performing this activity, practically the entire body is put into motion, which is very important for:
- Maintain an adequate body weight.
- Control blood sugar levels.
- Tone the muscles.
Generates happiness and tranquility in people
People who dedicate themselves to practicing running as a sport or simply as a way of doing physical exercise can benefit from it mentally:
- It can be a good way to forget your problems and feel calm.
- It helps improve our mental health and our mood.
- It helps us rest and sleep better.
If we do, we can experience a great feeling of well-being, since when running a substance called endorphin is released, which is responsible for bringing that well-being to the brain.
Helps develop creativity
According to a large number of investigations carried out in this regard, it can be stated that:
- Running helps improve creative thinking
- May increase cardiorespiratory endurance ,
- It could increase some cognitive abilities, such as spatial learning,
Also read: 3 best exercises to enhance creativity
In general, doing physical exercise on a regular basis is enormously beneficial for health. and, specifically, going for a run, as we have seen, brings us numerous advantages. Cheer up, it’s never too late to start!
Remember to consult a specialist if you have any questions. The mere fact of physical exercise does not replace the application of any medical treatment.