Southwest-style Vegetarian Chili is a delicious, easy-to-make, and highly nutritious recipe. So it will always be an ideal option for lunch or dinner.
The extraordinary flavor of this dish also makes it perfect for family gatherings, with children and friends. There are different ways to prepare it, so it also offers the possibility of adapting to different culinary tastes.
Unsurprisingly, this vegetarian chili is meatless. Instead, ingredients like quinoa and vegetables are the main protagonists of this recipe. In addition to the proposals in this recipe, each person can give it their personal touch with an extra ingredient that may not be in the original preparation.
Southwest Style Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- ½ cup of raw quinoa.
- 120 g of roasted tomatoes, natural or canned and ½ medium onion.
- 2 cloves of garlic and 2 ¼ cups of vegetable broth.
- 1 ½ cup of frozen corn, 350 grams.
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder and 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of oregano and 1 tablespoon of salt.
- 1 green bell pepper and 1 ¼ cup black beans.
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
First, you have to wash all the vegetables very well. Also chop the onion, pepper and garlic into small pieces.
Then you have to place all the ingredients in a pot, preferably over a slow cooker. Mix very well and cook on high for about three hours, or on low for five to six hours.
In the last hour of cooking you should check if the vegetarian chili needs more water. Add more if necessary. Finally, serve and enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 150 g of chopped natural tomato and ½ red pepper.
- ½ tablespoon of toasted curry and 1 can of black beans.
- 1 can of pinto beans and ½ onion.
- 1 chili and cinnamon to taste.
- 1 pinch of cumin and red pepper.
First you have to chop the onion, garlic and pepper into small pieces. After that, in a pot, heat the oil over low heat. Then the onion, pepper and garlic should be incorporated and sautéed over medium heat.
Sauté until the onion is soft. At this point, add the chili, all the spices and the tomatoes previously cut into small pieces. Then you have to cook for about three more minutes.
Then, the previous mixture or a part should be added to a blender to give it the puree texture. As we can see, you can crush all the whole sauce before adding the beans, or a portion and have part of the sauce in pieces.
Finally, you have to drain and rinse the beans and add them to the pot. Heat everything again and check if you need more salt or pepper. After that, it is good to serve with sour cream or cheese.
Vegetarian chili with red beans
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- 4 cloves of garlic and 1 onion.
- 2 cups of dried red beans and 4 or 5 carrots.
- 2 or 3 red peppers and 2 or 3 green peppers.
- 2 cayenne chillies and 300 grams of tomatoes.
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin and 2 glasses of vegetable broth or water.
- 2 glasses of homemade tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Nachos to accompany.
In a frying pan, place a drizzle of oil and heat over medium heat. Then you have to add the garlic, chilli and onion previously chopped into small pieces. Once the ingredients are golden brown, add the red pepper, green pepper, diced tomato, and carrot. Cook for five more minutes, integrating all the flavors well.
Cook the beans in plenty of water for about an hour or until they are tender. To speed up the preparation time for this recipe, it is possible to buy the beans already cooked, in cans or in their juice.
After the previous time, add the tomato sauce, the salt, the pepper, the cumin, the cooked beans and the vegetable broth or, failing that, the water.
Then, the heat should be raised and once it boils, lower it to medium heat and cook for about 30 more minutes or until the sauce has thickened enough. Stir every so often to prevent some of the ingredients from sticking to the bottom.
Finally, it is necessary to test that the sauce is well of salt, pepper or any other spice. Rectify if necessary. Then remove from heat and serve with the nachos.
It is possible to cook original and nutritious dishes with natural ingredients. It just takes patience and good recipes.