When applying the mayonnaise mask to the scalp, it is advisable to massage with the fingertips so that the nutrients penetrate well.
Have you ever heard that it is very beneficial to put on a mayonnaise mask to nourish your hair?
In this article we explain why it is so suitable, we also suggest adding honey to multiply its benefits.
Dry and damaged hair will notice a great improvement in hydration, shine and softness with this mayonnaise and honey mask.
Mayonnaise mask on the head?
Foods not only have the virtue of nourishing us when we consume them, but they can also be very beneficial when applied to the skin or hair.
The ideal is to combine both options to achieve long-lasting effects.
Mayonnaise has a bad reputation for being high in fat. However, it is a healthy food if its ingredients are of quality and we consume it in a moderate way.
In this article we will see to what extent it can benefit our hair when we apply mayonnaise and honey mask.
Remedies for dry and damaged hair
Below we highlight the hair properties of the ingredients in this mayonnaise and honey mask.
1. Olive oil
Olive oil is essential in a mask for dry, weakened, damaged and dull hair, thanks to its great repairing power.
Its components include antioxidants, polyphenols and vitamin E, which protect hair from wear and tear caused by exposure to the sun.
Eggs are a superfood that provides us with a large amount of protein, fat, vitamins and minerals.
With these nutrients we get a more nourished, shiny, soft and strong hair.
We also manage to combat frizz and hair loss.
However, depending on our hair type, we recommend using different parts of the egg:
- Dry and punished: Only the yolk.
- Fatty: Only the white.
- Normal: The yolk and the white of the egg.
3. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an ancient remedy for healthy, silky and shiny hair.
When using it in our mayonnaise mask we will provide the following benefits:
- Balance the pH.
- Seal the cuticle.
- Stimulate growth.
- Fight dandruff.
- Regulates sebum without drying.
We should not worry about the smell, as it will disappear when the hair is dry.
Honey is an excellent food for health.
However, many people are unaware that it is also very beneficial for our hair.
Honey nourishes the hair structure in depth and creates a protective layer that keeps the hair moisture and protects it from external agents.
For this reason, it is ideal for dry and damaged hair that does not tolerate the grease of oils well.
In addition, honey also prevents gray hair, strengthens hair and prevents hair loss.
Mayonnaise and honey mask recipe
We recommend preparing homemade mayonnaise for our mask.
In this way, we will avoid other ingredients that can give smell, such as garlic, as well as preservatives or flavorings.
- 1 egg (either the yolk or the white depending on our hair type)
- ½ cup of olive oil (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- To make this mask we only have to emulsify the ingredients so that they are well integrated. We can do it with a fork or, even better, with the mixer.
- We will prepare it just before applying it so that it is at room temperature and with all its properties.
- We do not recommend doing it many hours before, even though vinegar and honey act as natural preservatives.
- This mayonnaise and honey mask should act for at least half an hour. We can apply it at any time of the day that we have this time.
- On dry hair, we will begin to smear the mask on the scalp, dividing it into different parts. We will do a gentle massage with the fingertips so that the nutrients penetrate well into the roots.
- Next, we will apply the mask all over the hair, up to the tips.
- We will collect all the hair and cover it, first of all, with a plastic kitchen towel. Then we will put on a towel to keep the head warm and make the mask more effective.
- We will let it act for half an hour or more and we will wash our hair with the usual shampoo. You will not need to use conditioner.
- Ideally, repeat the application once a week.