With this recipe we teach you how to prepare lemon pie rolls. This is an interesting dessert that will please all diners thanks to its fresh flavor. This dish can be the perfect ending to a meal with family or friends.
Lemon pie recipe
Lemon pie is one of those desserts that we can prepare on a special occasion. However, as always, we have to moderate the portions, since it contains fat, sugars and other ingredients that can exceed the recommended daily amount of calories.
As a curious fact, it is worth mentioning that lemon concentrates bioactive compounds that promote health. In addition, its intense citrus flavor is what makes this dessert so pleasant to the palate.
To prepare this delicious lemon pie recipe, we will need the following ingredients. With these proportions you can prepare 10 servings of this interesting dessert:
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup of sugar (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest (2 g)
- ¾ cup of flour, white or whole (180 g)
- ¼ cup of ground cookies (40 g)
- ¼ cup of butter (60 g)
- 1 ½ cups of cream cheese (360 ml)
- ½ can of condensed milk (120 g)
- 1 cup of whipping cream (240 ml)
- ¼ cup of lemon juice (62 ml)
- 1 cup of blueberry (150 g)
- 2 tablespoons of icing sugar (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons of whipped cream (30 ml)
- Lemon slices to decorate (to taste)
- Absorbent kitchen paper
- 1 teaspoon of oil (5 ml)
Preparing the lemon pie before baking
Despite the large number of ingredients required, you will see that these are not hard to come by. Similarly, the preparation of this lemon pie is quite simple.
- First, we will preheat the oven to 180 ºC, with heat both above and below.
- While the oven is preheating, we will open the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. First, we beat the whites together with the sugar until the mixture doubles its volume, approximately.
- Next, we add the yolks to the sugar and continue beating the mixture until everything is well integrated and the whole has completely changed color. After this, we add the lemon zest little by little so that they do not get too low.
- Once this mixture is ready, we add the flour, the crushed cookies and the butter.
This last ingredient must be completely melted and we will pour it over the total mixture in the form of a thread, making a spiral from the inside to the outside so that the butter distribution is more uniform.
Lemon pie baking
When all the previous mixture is ready, we must prepare a baking tin.
- In this mold we pour the previous mixture, distribute it well over the entire surface and bake it for 8 minutes.
- To do this, we grease it with a drizzle of oil distributed through a piece of absorbent paper.
- After the baking time, the lemon pie will have condensed, so we can separate it from the mold and place it on a cloth. Next, we roll it up while it’s still hot.
Preparation of the lemon filling
- Once we have achieved a homogeneous and well-integrated mixture, we spread this result on a bread plate, on the previous pie.
- For this last step of the preparation, we must beat the cream cheese for five minutes together with the condensed milk, the lemon juice and the whipping cream.
- Then we add some more lemon zest and blueberry, all well distributed over the surface of the mixture. Once ready, we roll it up and let it cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the dessert is ready, we can serve it on a large plate and cut it about ten portions. After this, some of the best options for decoration are to sprinkle the icing sugar on the pie, and add the final two teaspoons of cream in the form of a thread all over the surface.
- We can also form rosettes with the whipped cream, with the help of a pastry bag, or add some lemon slices on the sides or on the pie. As an added touch, we can also place some strawberries, whose sweet touch will combine perfectly with the acid flavor of the lemon.
- Likewise, some blackberries, or any type of red or forest fruit will be good, which will accentuate the acidic flavor of the dessert.
With this dessert we can surprise diners. This lemon pie is the result of a simple, practical and quite entertaining recipe to prepare. It does not require more than a couple of hours of preparation.
It will allow us to offer a very striking ending to any meal with several people in which we want to show off our skills in the kitchen. We hope you enjoy this dessert, its mixture of sour and sweet flavors, and its pleasant texture.