How to make your breakfast a healthy source of nutrients? What if you can’t resist starting your day with bread or cupcakes? Well, in this article we offer you an energetic solution with a lot of fiber. Keep reading and you will find out what you have to do to prepare banana bread.
Why the banana?
The banana or banana is possibly one of the most consumed fruits in the world. With its numerous varieties, it is characterized by its penetrating aroma and its gastronomic versatility. It has a high content of magnesium, potassium and phosphorus, among other essential nutrients for the metabolism of our body. On the other hand, it has been identified as an important source of energy and fibers.
The banana is attributed regenerative and antifungal properties. Its high concentration of potassium and magnesium makes it very useful to prevent cramps, circulation problems and coronary heart disease. It is said to prevent anemia and promote gastric secretion. Its flowers have been used to heal skin ulcers and its peel against diarrhea.
Don’t you think then that the banana would be the best option to start the day?
Benefits of healthy banana bread
Healthy banana bread is known to be the ideal alternative to traditional sponge cake. Instead of gorging ourselves on processed flours and refined sugars that will accumulate in our tissues in the form of fat, we will be consuming a mixture of complex carbohydrates and vitamins.
Cereals such as oats are sources of protein and fibers that promote intestinal activity. In turn, the absence of refined sugars makes it ideal for balanced diets and even diets to lose weight. If you don’t like using artificial sweeteners, you can use honey and add a large dose of vitamins to your breakfast. Eggs and soy milk make banana bread a highly protein product.
Are you interested? Then don’t wait any longer and discover the recipe that will surely become your favorite.
What do you have to do to make healthy banana bread?
- 1 cup of oatmeal (120 g)
- ½ cup of rolled oats (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of brewer’s yeast (30 g)
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons of ground walnuts (40 g)
- ½ glass of soy milk (100 ml)
- 1 pinch of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons of natural sweetener (30 ml) (optional)
- Peel the ripe bananas, mash them into a lump-free dough. If you want you can run them through the blender.
- Add the oatmeal and flakes little by little, mixing gently.
- Then add the chopped walnuts, the whole egg, the yeast, the vanilla extract and the cinnamon powder.
- If you want you can add natural sweetener to make the bread sweeter.
- Mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the soy milk and continue stirring until it thickens.
- Add the two egg whites and stir a little more.
- To finish, place the dough on a tray previously greased with olive oil and cook it in the oven at 180 ºC, for 40 minutes. And to taste!
Do you dare to try this banana bread?
In conclusion, the banana is a versatile and delicious ingredient that can serve as a base to make an exquisite bread. Thanks to its energizing properties, it is ideal for recharging energy at breakfast or a snack.
In addition, since it preserves a large part of its fiber, it is ideal for improving digestive health, especially in the face of problems such as constipation.