This natural tonic allows us to cleanse the skin while serving as a treatment to soothe any skin disorder resulting from stress, such as eczema or irritated skin .
Cleaning the skin every day is as important as hydrating it with the right lotion.
Cleaning the skin of the face helps us to eliminate the remains of dirt and makeup, as well as the dead cells that reduce the luminosity and color of the skin.
So, in this article we present how you can cleanse your skin naturally with an ancient beauty remedy based on almond and rosemary water.
To understand why the almond is so beneficial for the skin we must see the popularity of its oil. This stands out for being one of the most nutritious and economical moisturizers out there.
There are many other oils that have become fashionable, in general, at much higher prices. However, the almond is a basic that remains despite the passage of time.
The main virtue of almonds is its emollient capacity, that is, it hydrates and softens the skin.
They also stand out for their soothing properties, very suitable for irritated skin, with eczema or any stress-related skin disorder.
In this case we propose to use raw almonds. In this way, it also contains its nutrients, even without processing, and also allows us to do a gentle exfoliation to clean the skin in depth.
We have probably heard some older women speak of rosemary water as a remedy to maintain the beauty of the complexion.
Both for its simplicity and its effectiveness, rosemary water should not be missing in our dressing table.
Rosemary is rich in minerals (magnesium, zinc, iron), essential fatty acids and vitamins B and C. The latter is highly antioxidant and collagen-enhancing, which gives firmness and smoothness to the skin.
Thanks to its circulatory properties, this surprising medicinal plant improves the natural hydration of the skin. The result is a luminous and nourished complexion without shine.
It is also a powerful anti-aging regenerator, thanks to vitamin C and fatty acids, while deep cleansing the face and minimizing acne marks.
We can use rosemary water as a cleanser and as a tonic, prepared as a concentrated infusion, or purchase its essential oil, which we must always dilute.
Remedy to cleanse the skin
- ½ cup of raw ground almonds (50 g)
- 5 tablespoons of rosemary leaves, fresh or dried (50 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- First of all, we will prepare the rosemary water. We will bring the water to boil and add the rosemary leaves. We will cook them for a minute if they are dry, or for 5 minutes if they are fresh.
- We will turn off the heat, cover the container and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- We will strain the infusion and, when it is warm, we will mix it little by little with the ground almond. The objective is to obtain a creamy, rather solid paste that does not drip.
We will keep this preparation in a closed container in the fridge for a maximum of ten days.
How do we apply it?
As we have said, this almond and rosemary cleanser has a paste texture that we can apply very easily, as if it were a very mild and hydrating exfoliant:
- We will moisten our face with warm water.
- We will take a little of the pasta, similar to the size of a hazelnut and, in the hand, we will mix it with a little water to make it more liquid.
- We will apply it all over the face and massage well with the fingertips, especially the T zone (forehead, nose and chin), for a minute.
- We will rinse with warm or cold water and dry well.
- If we wish, then we will apply a facial toner and moisturizer suitable for our skin type. The tonic can be made of rosemary water without any other ingredients.
- We can clean our faces with this homemade product at night, before going to bed. If we have oily or acne skin we can also do it in the morning when we get up.
- This scrub is not exclusive for facial skin. We can use it in any part of the body that we want to clean, hydrate and calm, such as, for example, areas with pimples, eczema, psoriasis or dry skin.
Try it, you will see that with its constant use you will see favorable results on your skin.