Give yourself a moment to relax and relieve the tiredness of your legs.
Here are some home remedies and tips for tired legs. Remember that it is important to take care of them, since they are what allow us to go from here to there on a daily basis.
Standing or sitting for long periods of time throughout the day can cause aches and pains. First of all, because it hurts the muscles. And, secondly, because the blood circulation does not flow properly. Generally this is accompanied by the accumulation of fluids.
Lower extremity swelling is more common than we think. It can bring pain or not and affect one or both legs. It appears due to a matter of “gravity” and is characterized by a feeling of fatigue followed by “tightness” in the legs.
- The overweight
- Sedentary lifestyle
- The menstruation
- Muscle strain: inflamed tendons or tears
- Heart failure
- Excess physical activity
- Kidney or liver problems
- The formation of blood clots (prevent venous return)
Other factors to consider
- Long car or plane trips.
- Stand or sit for several hours.
- Wearing heels or clothing that is too tight.
- Taking estrogens or medications that cause fluid retention.
Home remedies for tired legs
To find a solution for tired legs, you can use the benefits of certain natural remedies and recipes. These can be put into practice in the comfort of home, at any time. However, if symptoms persist, it is recommended that you visit a specialist.
1. Parsley juice or tea
It has diuretic properties and, therefore, favors the elimination of liquids. Parsley tea is ideal for people suffering from obesity, heart or circulatory problems and edema. This juice can be found in health food stores or prepared at home.
- 10 grams of parsley leaves.
- 250 grams of water (1 cup).
- Wash the parsley.
- Crush the leaves in a mortar with a little water.
- Place the crushed leaves in the blender glass with the rest of the water.
- Mix well.
- Drink (better on an empty stomach).
2. Salt bath
It is one of the remedies for tired legs that produces instant relief. When you return home from work, for example, you can fill a container with warm water (never hot because it does not stimulate circulation). Then, try putting your feet in the liquid (up to the calves) for as long as you want or until it cools down.
For greater benefits, we recommend that you add sea salt (10 grams) or even special salts with relaxing and anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Dandelion tea
This plant is diuretic, which is useful for fighting leg swelling. It also provides a feeling of satiety.
- 5 grams of dried dandelion leaves (1 tablespoon).
- 250 grams (1 cup).
- In a container, place the water and herbs.
- Heat over moderate heat until it starts to boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes to warm it up.
- Filter and drink at least 2 cups a day (one fasting the other in the afternoon).
4. Elevate your legs
When we have tired legs, it is often due to the posture they maintain throughout the day. This means that if we are sitting or standing for several hours in the afternoon or night we will feel the first symptoms.
A good remedy for tired legs is to raise them above the height of the heart to allow the return of blood flow that has not occurred during the day.
For example, you can place your heels on the table in front of the sofa, place cushions on your calves at bedtime, or lying in bed, lean your feet against the wall for a few minutes.
If instead of taking a salt bath you choose to get into the tub with warm water and foam, you can put your legs up for a few minutes. For chronic cases it is recommended to have some studs on the legs of the bed so that the head is lower.
5. Black currant tea
This plant is rich in flavonoids which means that it helps in the resistance and elasticity of the blood capillaries. The black currant then becomes a fantastic remedy for improving blood circulation and for tired legs.
- 10 grams of dried black currant leaves (2 tablespoons).
- 1 liter of water (4 cups).
- In a saucepan place the water and the currant.
- Heat over low heat until boiling.
- Let the leaves cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest for another 10 minutes.
- Filter and place the liquid in a jug or container.
- Refrigerate the liquid in the fridge.
- You can sweeten the mixture with honey or stevia.
6. Balanced diet
Food is very important when we want to take care of ourselves. Fruits and vegetables cannot be missing from your daily diet, as well as 2 liters of water per day. It is recommended to reduce the consumption of salt and fat.
You can use essential oils indicated to relax and reduce inflammation, such as witch hazel oil, which reduces pain and prevents poor circulation.
Get massages whenever possible after taking a bath. Take advantage of any time of the day, especially at night when the legs are more tired.
Any of these remedies can help free you from tired legs. If you accompany it with a daily walk of half an hour, the effects will be greater. Overcome sedentary lifestyle and promotes exercise and a healthy and healthy diet.