This drink has a spicy, but very pleasant taste. It is recommended to drink in the morning, to take advantage of its energy contribution.
In the first instance, the mixture of ginger, turmeric, and cayenne pepper may be a bit odd. Nonetheless, it has good taste. Above all, if we are lovers of the aromatic and the spicy, in its right measure.
And why mix these three ingredients in the same drink? Mainly for one reason: these three ingredients contain antioxidants, which are substances that support the health of the entire body and reduce the impact of oxidative stress.
In relation to this, the experts of the Spanish Heart Foundation clarify the following:
Let’s see a little more about each of these ingredients below.
Ginger, turmeric and cayenne pepper: a healthy combination
Turmeric is a spice with a particular taste that, according to some hypotheses, has anti-inflammatory potential – due to its curcumin content – and antioxidant.
Cayenne pepper is a spicy spice that is used in a wide variety of recipes and also in folk remedies. It is characterized by its high content of capsaicin, a substance that, in addition to providing flavor, also gives it antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
It also contains piperine, a substance that increases the secretion of digestive juices (gastric, pancreatic, intestinal), and improves the digestion of food.
Ginger is an aromatic root, which adapts very well to different preparations and has proven digestive, analgesic, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Gingerol, its active compound, gives it its spicy touch and gives it its anti-inflammatory properties.
Ginger, turmeric and cayenne pepper drink
To prepare this drink it is recommended to opt for the following recipe. However, it is possible to vary the amounts, depending on preferences. Thus, it may be possible to prepare it with more or less amount of ginger, turmeric and cayenne pepper.
- 4 lemons.
- 2 liters of water.
- Optional: a touch of honey.
- 2 pieces of fresh ginger.
- Cayenne pepper (to taste).
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder (10 g).
- Pass the ginger pieces through a juicer and also mix it with the juice of three lemons.
- Mix the previous product with the two liters of water and add the turmeric, cayenne pepper and the remaining lemon slices.
- Stir everything with a wooden spoon and sweeten with a little honey (remember to keep it in moderation).
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- It can be served both hot and cold.
- Serve once you have finished preparing it and drink when you want: along with a meal, a snack or alone.
- There are those who consume this drink in the morning, before going to perform their daily exercises.
- Although there is no evidence that consuming this drink on an empty stomach can be especially beneficial to health, there are those who choose to consume it this way when they aim to adopt a healthier lifestyle and lose weight.
Consume it as a complement
It is necessary to always bear in mind that this drink is not a remedy or a cure for any type of discomfort or disease. It is simply a natural supplement that can be included in a healthy lifestyle, in moderation.
Since the spices used may be contraindicated in some cases, it is advisable to inform yourself well about it before starting to consume them regularly.
If it is contraindicated in our case, it is best to dispense with this preparation and look for another that is better suited to the needs of our body.
Finally, it is necessary to remember that it is not advisable to add too much honey, sugar or other sweeteners, as it can make the drink become an option with too many calories.