To eliminate fat from the armpits we must be persistent with the indicated exercises, since the results take time to appear, and combine them with cardiovascular ones to optimize the process.
Underarm fat can be uncomfortable as well as unsightly. Especially when you want to wear a tank top or any other garment that shows a little more of the upper body.
Instead of resigning ourselves to covering the area with shirts with sleeves, sweaters and the like, the best we can do is work our arms, within a training plan.
Would you like to know some options to exercise and eliminate armpit fat as soon as possible? In that case, keep reading everything we are going to tell you about.
Exercises to eliminate underarm fat
Here are some fairly simple exercises to eliminate underarm fat that you can do in your own home.
Some will require the use of dumbbells. If you don’t have them, you can replace them with sandbags, grain bags (1 kg) or water bottles. There are many ways to improvise a homemade and makeshift dumbbell!
This exercise is similar to a push-up, only that we support our knees and with our own weight we bend our arms and push ourselves up again.
In this exercise we are going to add two more variants, to work even more.
- After doing it as we have described 10 or 12 times, we are going to stretch one leg.
- We will do the exercise and then we will support that leg and stretch the other.
- The final option, not suitable for beginners, is to stretch both legs and then yes, perform the entire exercise as a normal push-up. The lower we go the better.
- In all cases you have to try to touch with your chest on the ground.
- Between one exercise and another, we must rest for a minute.
2. Side opening
For this second exercise it would be much better to have an inclined bench. Also, the use of dumbbells is necessary.
In case of not having an incline bench, we can do it on an exercise ball (Swiss ball).
- We get on the incline bench and we are going to let the arms fall to the sides with the dumbbells.
- The arms will not be fully stretched, but slightly bent.
- We return to the starting position. We will do 3 sets of 12 repetitions.
- Between one series and another we will rest for 5 minutes.
3. The bird
For this exercise we will also use the dumbbells.
- To do this, we will stand up, with our legs slightly apart and slightly bent forward.
- With the arms slightly bent, we are going to raise the dumbbells on each side as if we wanted to fly. It is important that we do the force in the arms and that there is no tension in the cervicals.
- This exercise can sometimes be done sitting on a bench, leaning slightly forward. However, it is much better to do it standing up.
- We will try to do 3 sets of between 10 and 12 repetitions.
4. Lateral dumbbell raise
The fourth of the exercises to eliminate fat from the armpits will also require dumbbells. This exercise can be done standing or sitting. The important thing is that we have space to open our arms to the sides.
With a dumbbell in each hand, we will raise our arms to shoulder height. Only the arms should move. The shoulders should remain static and the neck should not be tensioned.
As it is an exercise that costs a bit, we can start doing between 7 and 10 repetitions for 3 sessions. As we progress, we can try to go up to 12 reps.
5. Side plank
This is the last exercise that we are going to do and it consists of doing a plank, but laterally.
- To do this, we stand on our side, rest our forearm on the ground and raise our hips.
- We must try that the body is in a straight line and that the hips do not go down. The other hand can be placed on the hip.
- We will try to hold on in this position as long as possible. We will repeat 3 times and change sides.
Underarm fat can be very uncomfortable
The exercises to eliminate armpit fat mentioned can be a guide to start adopting a more active lifestyle. But we must remember that we must not only lean on them to be lean and toned.
We must try to carry a varied training plan, which allows us to work various areas of the body. This will also help us avoid monotony and boredom when exercising.
We must also be aware that changes will not happen overnight. It takes time, perseverance and progressing little by little in each exercise, adding more repetitions, more weight … Therefore, you have to have some patience and enjoy the process as much as the goal itself.