After spending several hours in a row wearing makeup, the skin needs you to clean and pamper it. To do this, you need to have good makeup removers.
In those moments when your usual remover has run out or you want to give an alternative product a try, you can resort to homemade make-up removers made from aloe vera.
Aloe vera or aloe vera is a very popular plant in cosmetics. Their stalks contain a gelatinous substance that is rich in water and, in general, has more than 200 active components, among which are: vitamins, enzymes, minerals, fatty acids and amino acids; with which, it provides multiple benefits at the topical level.
Topical benefits of aloe vera
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: contains vitamins A, C, E, folic acid, choline, B1, B2, B3 B6. It is one of the few plants that has vitamin B12.
- It provides up to 20 minerals, among which calcium, iron and magnesium stand out.
- It has 18 to 20 amino acids. These are the building blocks of proteins.
- Applied to the skin, it is capable of hydrating, nourishing it, reducing irritation, ulceration and pain.
How to remove make-up with aloe vera?
Makeup removers made simply with a little fresh, natural aloe vera are an excellent option in those moments when you want to give your skin a much more careful care, in an easy and safe way.
1. Natural aloe vera and olive oil make-up remover
Olive oil, having an oily texture, is an ideal makeup remover for the eyelid and eyelash area. In addition, it is an excellent moisturizer for the fine skin in this area. It has regenerative properties, increases collagen production and delays the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (30 g).
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil (15 g).
- 1 cotton pad.
- In a bowl add both ingredients and combine them well.
- Next, moisten the cotton pad with the mixture and apply it carefully to your eyes.
- Afterwards, remove the makeup, without rubbing.
- In difficult areas, such as the eyelashes, use a little more cotton to remove it.
2. Aloe Vera Oil & Honey Makeup Remover
- 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel (50 g).
- 8 tablespoons of natural honey (80 g).
- 3 teaspoons of an oil of your choice (extra virgin olive, jojoba, almonds, avocado, apricot, argan or coconut) (15 g).
- Airtight container to store makeup remover.
- To start, combine the aloe vera gel, oil, and honey until well combined.
- Store the makeup remover at room temperature, it can last for several months.
- To use it, we will remove it with the help of a spoon, we will rub it on the face and let it rest for a minute.
- Finally, we will clean the face with a damp towel.
3. Prepare aloe vera makeup remover wipes
These wipes only contain aloe vera oil and gel.
- ½ cup of a high quality oil (extra virgin olive, almonds, avocado, apricot, argan coconut jojoba) (100 g).
- 1 ½ cups of aloe vera juice (300 g).
- 400 ml bottle or jar (2 glasses), with hermetic lid.
- 1 pack of cotton facial wipes.
- Pour the aloe vera oil and juice into the bowl. You can use a glass bottle or a plastic bottle for squeezing.
- Afterward, shake the container of aloe vera juice and oil vigorously for several seconds.
- Lastly, store the mixture in the fridge when you’re not using it.
- Apply the mixture on a washcloth and wipe it all over the areas you want to remove makeup.
- Dampen another clean facial washcloth to completely remove makeup and remove any traces of cleanser.
- Remember to shake the mixture well before using it on the wipes.
4. Facial cleanser or makeup remover based on aloe vera and almond oil
You can use the gel extracted directly from the aloe plant to use on the same day, or choose to buy the commercial gel, since you can keep it for a longer time.
- 7 and a half tablespoons of aloe vera (commercial or homemade) (75 g).
- 3 teaspoons of almond oil (15 g).
- 1 tablespoon of natural liquid soap (10 ml).
- First, mix the ingredients very well with the help of a spoon.
- Moisten your face with lukewarm water, doing small circular massages to open the pores.
- Gently dry.
- Next, apply the aloe mixture on face, neck and décolleté with the help of a cotton ball.
- Remove with lukewarm water.
- To finish, apply the usual moisturizer.
Aloe Vera makeup removers are an option worth trying at any time of the year. However, for the summer, they may be even more convenient, since they will help you take care of your skin and keep it healthy and well hydrated.