In addition to reducing the inflammation and pain of bruises thanks to its analgesic properties, arnica cream will help us accelerate the healing of bruises.
The bruising not only are unsightly but also sometimes cause us pain. If you are one of those people prone to ending up with a bruise of the slightest blow, you cannot miss these natural solutions to treat the bruises that we bring you.
What are bruises?
Bruising occurs when small blood vessels break. Some of the symptoms that may appear are pain, inflammation and discoloration of the skin.
The area immediately becomes red and tender to the touch and then turns bluish; later it turns to a yellow-green color until finally the skin returns to its natural color.
They are usually generated as a result of a blow, a fall or a sports injury.
Depending on the severity of the accident, they can reach only the area under the skin, muscle or bone. These last two are the most painful and expensive to remove.
However, as we tell you, there are a series of natural remedies that can help us speed up your healing. We tell you about them below.
One of the quickest, cheapest and most natural solutions for treating bruises is ice.
- It is the first remedy that we must apply first after the blow, since it helps reduce inflammation due to the contraction of blood vessels.
- All this reduces the pain and prevents the appearance of the hematoma.
- The ice should be wrapped in a cloth to avoid burns and then placed on the affected area.
2. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is one of the most versatile and beneficial options for our skin.
Thanks to acíbar, a bitter latex that is found between the outer part and the gel, the plant has anti-inflammatory and regenerative properties.
- In this case we will have to apply a little frozen aloe vera on the bruise or place a little pulp on the damaged area.
- We will massage gently until it is absorbed and we will repeat it at least three times a day to obtain the best results.
Arnica is one of the most effective remedies to treat bumps, since it reduces inflammation and calms the pain of bruises, making it the perfect natural pain reliever.
- It is best to apply a thin layer of ointment on the affected area several times a day.
Parsley can also be a useful remedy to soothe the discomfort of bruises. It has anesthetic and anti-inflammatory properties that will speed up the healing process.
- For this you will have to crush the fresh parsley and apply it for five minutes on the blow.
- Repeat four times a day for results.
Garlic has great antioxidant properties. In addition, its high allicin content promotes circulation.
- In order to benefit from them, you will have to apply a little fresh garlic juice on the bruise, something that will make the tissues regenerate faster.
- In addition, it serves to stimulate good blood circulation, so it will help you reduce the pain caused by the blow, especially if you eat it raw.
Onion is also rich in allicin, which is why it supports blood circulation. In this way, what is sought is that the blood does not accumulate and the hematoma does not even form.
- For this reason it is good to apply a freshly cut onion slice on the hit area as soon as possible.
- In cases where the bruise has already appeared, it will help it to disappear faster.
7. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another great alternative to stimulate circulation in the affected area.
- We will apply gauze or a cloth soaked in apple cider vinegar on the lesion and massage gently for a few minutes.
- To improve the results, repeat the same procedure three times a day, you will notice the result.
Thanks to its contribution of catalase, the potato is antiseptic.
- Apply half a tuber on the blow to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Let it sit for at least five minutes and repeat the procedure three or four times a day. This will be enough.
Salt is able to absorb intracellular fluid when applied topically. Thus, inflammation is reduced and pain decreases.
- You just have to place a layer of salt on the bruise and let it act for a few minutes. You will notice the difference quickly.