To start the day in the best way and make sure we get all the necessary nutrients, it is convenient to consume these shakes on an empty stomach, although we can also take them at other times .
The green apples are one of the richest fruit flavor and offer a lot of fiber which helps improve intestinal transit.
In addition, a green apple is made up of 85% water, which makes it hydrating for your body. In general, a piece of this fruit acts as a natural laxative, according to this study carried out by the Regina Crossing Center (Canada).
The versatility of this fruit allows you to enjoy it both cooked, raw, with or without the shell. It can be included in both sweet and savory preparations, in drinks or in dressings for your meals.
When you combine it with other ingredients, you can get shakes that will greatly help you start your day right.
Here we leave you 7 options of smoothie with apple. Try them all and keep your favorite or choose one for each day of the week.
1. Smoothie with green apple and flaxseed
- 1 apple, peeled and seedless
- Tablespoon of flaxseed (10 g). According to this research carried out by the National University of the Altiplano (Peru), flaxseed oil has highly recommended anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 ½ glass of water (300 ml)
- Honey to taste to give sweetness
- After having all the ingredients well washed, you must put them in the blender and process them until you get the consistency you want.
- You can take it first thing in the morning or substitute this smoothie for dinner.
- It is important that you drink it fresh to take better advantage of its properties.
2.Green apple and celery smoothie
- ½ cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 green apple
- 2 stalks of celery
- A sprig of parsley
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger (2 g)
- The juice of two lemons
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and process for a few minutes until well mixed.
- You can add ice in a blender and mix it with the smoothie for a more refreshing drink.
This is an excellent option for those who want to lose weight, have more energy to start the day as well as to reduce certain health problems.
5. Green apple smoothie with kiwi
- ½ green apple
- 1 glass of coconut milk (200 ml)
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into chunks. This fruit is highly recommended for cases of constipation given its high fiber content.
- A bunch of spinach
- Ice to taste
- Blend the apple together with the coconut milk and kiwi.
- When you see that everything is well mixed, gradually add the spinach while continuing to process.
- Add ice to make it cool and if you want you can add stevia or honey to sweeten it and it will be ready for you to enjoy.
6. Smoothie with green apple and banana
- 1 apple with skin, green
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- 2 kiwis, peeled
- 1 banana peeled ripe
- 1 glass of water or milk of your choice (200 ml)
- The juice of an orange
- Cut all the ingredients into pieces and put them in the blender glass.
- Add the milk or water and mix the ingredients well.
- Consume the resulting mixture immediately after making it.
7. Energizing Green Apple Smoothie
- 3 bits of broccoli
- 1 or 1 ½ green apple
- 2 tomatoes This fruit contains lycopene, according to this study by the University of Yucatán (Mexico), which carries a large number of antioxidants.
- 1 celery (stalk)
- ½ cucumber in pieces
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and process well until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- If you wish, you can pass it through a strainer before serving it in a glass.
This shake is most beneficial if you consume it immediately, and while it is a different option than regular sweet shakes, we are sure you will love it too.
Reasons to consume these green apple smoothies regularly
Thanks to its contribution of nutrients, consuming smoothie with apple will help you start your day with a lot of energy. Most of them are full of vitamins like B6, C, fiber, folic acid , antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids. This helps your body works better, is healthier and you feel much better.
It is important that you keep in mind that you should take advantage of them as a complement to a balanced diet and not as the center of it.
Remember to supplement these shakes with a good diet, good sleep habits, and regular exercise.
If you have problems with diabetes, prediabetes or gestational diabetes, it is important that you do not overindulge in sugar .
Finally, although some recipes indicate that you can add sugar, it is better to avoid it in these three cases.